One food that every proud Nigerian mum takes pride in the making is Moi Moi. You have to make yourself run after Moi Moi wherever you know it is available because it is that amazing.
You can eat Moi Moi with practically everything and anything since it is so versatile. It is a dish that Nigerians adore, especially as street food.
In addition to being more than simply a snack, Moi Moi is brimmed with beneficial nutrients for your body.
Advantages Of Eating Moi Moi
With Added Protein
The base of Moi Moi comes from beans. Bean is a good source of vitamins. Regular consumption of Moi Moi gives your body the necessary protein content.
Proteins are also crucial for the maintenance and healing of muscles. So you should eat Moi Moi more frequently if you are the sort that desires to gain muscle.
Moi Moi includes several antioxidants that support the body’s metabolic activities, just like every other nutritious food.
Additionally, the ability of these antioxidants to prevent cancer has been demonstrated. Along with fending off potentially deadly infections, they also boost the immune system.
Promotes Weight Loss
Moi Moi is your go-to food due to its high protein level when attempting to lose that extra pound of flesh. The protein in Moi Moi helps you grow and repair muscles in addition to helping you get rid of fat cells.
It helps With Bowel Movement
Those who have trouble using the restroom can benefit from this tasty snack. Moi Moi contains a lot of fiber, which has been linked to easier digestion and more bowel movements.
So grab a Moi Moi wrap and nibble on it if you are the sort who experiences constipation all the time.
Facilitates Bowel Movement
Additionally, those who have trouble using the restroom can benefit significantly from this tasty snack.
The high fiber content of Moi Moi has been linked to increased bowel movements and more straightforward digestion. So grab a Moi Moi wrap and munch on it if you are the sort that always has constipation issues.
After reading the preceding, Aunty Caro, I know you want to taste this Moi Moi. Calm down. Let me show you the process of making Moi Moi using raw eggs so you can get all its nutritional content.
Steps To Make Moi Moi With Raw Egg
You can make delicious spicy Moi Moi with this recipe. Not mushy, but soft and wet, yet has enough weight to hold its shape. You will love it, I am sure.
Combining this bean pudding with other protein sources, including fish, crayfish, boiled eggs, boiled liver, and chicken stock, you can create a complete meal with an undeniably delicious taste. It tastes perfect and has a unique taste.
In my experience, mixing Moi Moi and over-mixing it with water are two of the most common mistakes.
Semolina pudding does not set correctly, so the Moi Moi pudding should be as smooth as possible on the mash.
Peeling The Beans
Use a food processor to peel the beans quickly. How to do it is as follows:
- For 10 to 15 minutes, soak the beans.
- Soaked beans need to be drained and added to a food processor.
- Pull a few times to scrape the skin.
- Pour the beans into a large bowl. Add enough water to the beans to cover them.
- Swirl until it floats, then peel off the skin.
- Repeat the process several times until all the skin is removed.
Ingredients Used For Making Moi Moi
- Black-eyed peas or honey beans: These are the best ingredients to use (Ewa oloyin)
- For a richer flavor profile: Combining red peppers (tatashe) and Scotch caps (rodo) is essential.
- Onions: as always, enhance the taste of food.
- Crayfish: either use powdered crayfish or grind dried crayfish with beans.
- Palm oil, vegetable oil, or a combination can be used.
- Chicken bouillon cubes: add for flavor.
- Fish: is a fantastic addition, but it is optional. After cooking, the fish is cut. Then, it will be okay to use salmon or mackerel.
- Hard-boiled eggs are also a great addition!
- Another alternative is boiled beef liver. It will be ideal for filling in a mixture.
- Salt: add salt to taste
How To Prepare Moi Moi
Let The Beans Soak
The beans should ideally soak for 10 to 20 minutes in water. Less dry beans take longer to prepare, while dryer beans are often ready sooner.
Clean The Beans
You can manually peel your beans by rubbing them together between your palms. I’ve discovered a quick way to peel because that is a laborious procedure. Implement a food processor. This is a quick method for peeling beans.
Remove the Bean Skins Using a Sieve
Wash the beans after peeling them, then filter the skin out to get clean beans. The skin would float independently, while the seed would sink. To soften the beans, soak them for an additional 10 minutes.
Blend the Beans and Other Ingredients
Place the beans, pepper, and onions in the blender. Add crayfish, salt, and bouillon cubes.
Do the following and Mix Properly
- a cup of water.
- Pour the batter into a basin: Mix the groundnut oil into the batter.
- Add Liver Or Slices Of Fish:
- You can pour in the liver that has been chopped into little bits or add chunks of already-boiled fish. Keep blending.
- Wash and oil the plates:
Depending on the bowls you plan to use for your Moi Moi.
- The batter is divided among the bowls.
- Top With The Boiled Egg:
- Add boiling water to the pot and heat it.
- Place The Moi Moi In The Pot And Then Shut The Lid:
- Give it around 45 minutes to steam. Carefully add more water if you see that the water in the pot has dried up.
Here you have it, how to make Moi Moi with raw egg. If you found this post helpful, do well to share it and drop a comment in the comment session, we would be happy to read your comments.