Full Exclusive interview with talented afro pop star making waves in Nigeria , Afrodeji.
Exclusive interview with budding, talented Nigerian artiste, Ahmed Adedeji Azeez with the stage name Afrodeji who just released his highly anticipated single titled “Follow me“. The music act took us through his foray into the Nigerian entertainment industry, love life, his greatest motivators and a whole lot more. Interesting one i must say. Excerpts…..
Can we meet you? Tell us about your background.
– My real names are Ahmed Adedeji Azeez. I’m from Osun state, Lagos based, I have a good knowledge of IT and am a student of Unilag.
How did you come up with your stage name?
– AfroDeji is my social media handle and Deji is my name. AfroDeji is a mix of Afro pop and Yoruba culture.
Can you enlighten us about your record label and the projects you’ll be working on.
– My record label Royalty Records under Royal Heritage Entertainment Agency an entertainment brand that handles variety of entertainment projects. It is more of a multi family bonded organization not only focused on building a productive future but also creating long lasting brands and avenues for artists to showcase their talents and create a class for themselves. I’ve just released a new banga titled “FOLLOW ME”. A Light percussion and a groove that puts you on your feet but still lifts the spirit with the soulful strings & baseline .
Describe your sound. What drew you to the music industry?
– I’m coming with a different sound entirely. I could easily be described as one that has the voice of burna boy on a style of AdeKunle Gold, with a bit of Kizz Daniel, you have my full package there already! .
What do you enjoy most about being a musician? What do you hate most? Who are you inspired by?
– I enjoy the fact that i entertain people. Also , being my natural self is entertaining, so am doing what am wired for. I don’t like the fact that everybody try to copy a particular trend in the industry and make the whole public attention focus on just one style of music.
Kizz Daniel has been one exceptional artist for me, being someone I love so much, he keeps his style in a dynamic way. Uncle Burna boy is my motivator. I don’t see my deep voice as an excuse to settle for low key music.
If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be?
– For now, I want to leave the industry just the way it is and do my thing, it’s an open space. Everyone can soar and make it through to the top.
Are you single, in a relationship or confused?
– A man is single until he’s married and am not married. Ema koba mi!!! .
Please discuss how you interact with and respond to your fans.
– My fans are my friends and as a good friend, I love all my fans and pay attention to everything focusing on details too. I’m also open and willing to take advice/corrections any day.
Where do you see yourself and your music in 5years.
– In 5 years time, huh, that’s a long time frame. Well, I see myself on the top of African pop music, inspiring in my own way and topping music charts.
What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
– In a world full of trends, choose to remain classic!! Work hard and be determined. Stay positive and true to your course.
Thanks for Joining us today, do have a great season and we do hope to have you around again pretty soon.
Full Exclusive interview with talented afro pop star, Afrodeji.